Advice for your homestay
Your host family
We recommend that you contact your host family by phone or email at least one week before your stay. Our host families would like to learn more about you, your food preferences, language level and what you are expecting from your course. This will help them prepare better for your stay. Families in a foreign country may not have the same way of living as you. There may be different rules, food and living conditions. You should be ready to accept cultural differences in order to get the most out of your stay.
In many countries you cannot smoke in public areas (bars, restaurants etc.). Very often, our host families do not allow smoking in the house. If there are smokers in the host family they will often smoke outside or only in a specific area in the house. When you book your programme please tell us if you prefer a non-smoking family.
Important to remember
- All programmes are from Sunday to Sunday
- Most families live outside the city centre.
- Please choose 3 regions (where available) in order of preference when booking
- English is available in many non English speaking countries on request
- Sports & Leisure options may be unavailable at certain times of the year, can be subject to weather conditions and may be unsuitable for certain ages
- July & August: We need to receive bookings at least 2 months in advance for this busy period
- Please note only one discount can be claimed at any one time
- You can combine different programmes, for example 1 week of lessons with activities + 1 week of lessons with cultural visits etc. The programmes should be in the same area to avoid a change of family
- A mobile phone number is required for all students
- The closer supervision is compulsory for students aged 12 or under